Saturday, September 21, 2013

Tribute to My School

Certificate awarded to me
Since mid of 2007, Spanish Study Center is an inseparable part of my life. I joined in this school as a learner of Spanish language. Thanks to my professor Asesh Ray, my interest then was getting extended to Spanish culture and literature. Since then, I didn't miss a single opportunity to participate the cultural events like Spanish film fests, Latin American film fests, Kolkata International Book festival, Seminars on Spanish culture and its influence on our culture, cinema and literature, Annual Convocation organized by our school. This school enriched me and gave me the confidence to confront with various Spanish dialects when I work with Spanish speakers of Latin American countries and of course from Spaniards from South Spain. Last year when I was told to teach in the south Kolkata branch of this school, I felt a big surprise awarded to me. As I like to take always the new responsibilities, I agreed immediately to join hand with my beloved professor and to rub shoulder with Friends cum colleagues of this schools. Till now, we work hard together to expand our brand value from north to south, from India to Spanish speaking countries and I feel happy to be a part of this school now. 
Reading my translation
Let me tell you one more important point without which this tribute would be incomplete: La Culture Hispanica is our literary magazine which gave me the opportunity to publish my Bengali translation of Spanish poems of Carlos Herman Belli. I also get to reach to audience by reading my Bengali translations several times during our Annual Convocation. This boosts my encouragement to enter into the  Spanish literary world by publishing my Spanish poems in several magazines of Argentina, Peru & Colombia and to connect with the contemporary authors there. 
Surely, this is an unforgettable experience which turned me from India to world wide family.


Reading my own Spanish poems

Picnic
2012 Book fair: Pavilion of Peru
in 2013 Book fair



No comments:

Post a Comment