Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Visit to Chola Dynasty

As the Argentine Magazine planned, I left Kolkata in an Autumn night of last November 2014 to visit minutely the places of Chola dynasty in Tamil Nadu.
Tanjore temple
 I started form Kolkata in the night of Diwali festival and reached at my first destination Tiruchirapalli to visit Rock Fort temple and some other not so famous temples which are scattered all through the city. For next few days, according the Magazine's director's plan, I visited the old Jain temples and other temples in the city of Pudukkottai ( one of the Chola capital in Tamil Nadu), then indescribable beauty of Tagore Bridessara temple, Tajore place's mural paintings and sculptures, Thiruvarur art in Saraswati temple, one of oldest and finest Chola art in Darashuram temple and in 5 major temple in Kumbakonam, Nataraj temple complex in Chidambaram, Nagapattinam, Nagore.
Deer in Point Calimere
 I finished the trip with Velangani visit, a French sculptured town close to Nagapattinam and the beautiful forest of Point Cali mere where I found more 30 types migratory ducks and pelicans, rear dear which was actually icing on the cake. The only important place of Chola dynasty which I was unable to cover is Gogaikonda Cholapuram. Hope to visit it in one of my next trips.
Tanjore Art inside the palace

No comments:

Post a Comment